Name:

You wanna know about me? Well...then sit back and read the posts...I may even learn a little something too

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Records are meant to be broken...

It happened! It finally happened! My first date on Valentine's Day...EVER!!!! Shouldn't that be like a major deal or something? So, my 25 year record of no dates on this specific Hallmark holiday has been officially crushed. For the first time, I did not receive presents from parents or friends pretending to be "secret admirer's" to keep me from being sad. Nope, this time they came from a guy! Okay, so the date was great. We planned to go to Olive Garden, and then catch a movie. We get to Olive Garden only to find NO parking spaces (and people waiting for spaces). I walked in to check the wait, and could not even get through the door. Sadly, I aborted the mission, and tracked Chris down in his "Pony," then went across the street to Spaghetti's, which was a great alternative. So we headed to a movie, Firewall, with very full bellies. Wasn't a great lineup of movies, but this was a good one. Sometimes suspense movies are a little much for me, but this one was okay. I recommend it if you like Harrison Ford.

So yeah...why did it have to get so cold? I went over to put Jake's blanket on one evening when it was 62 degrees...and he was not pleased with me. He gave me "the look." Of course he got all nice when I opened the treat container. Then he woke up to a whopping 10 degrees 8 hours later. Yeah, momma knows best. I am sure he had a good time telling everyone else that their owners did not care about them...or "haha I am warm!" I can see that. He is a brat after all. I started training him again...course it is too cold for me now (yes, I am a wimp), and he was such a butt. He was trying me with every trick in the book. So I tied his head down :-). That changed his mood. Then after a while, he attempted to bite my toes. So you know that just got me going more...so we lengthened our riding time. Time to switch spurs. He decided that my Prince of Wales spurs just tickle him and he no longer needs to pay attention. Yeah...getting the dressage spurs out now...with the rowel thingies...not sure the technical name. He should remember pretty fast what side passing is. So, when it is up to 50 degrees...or there abouts...we will reattempt this training thing and see how we do. Stay tuned...

Nothing else seems to really be going on right now. Annoyed at Ivy Tech again about my student loan. Gonna pay them a not-so-happy visit Tuesday after lecture. They seem to understand me best when I am not-so-happy. Redid my FAFSA again tonight. Not sure why. I am in the poverty bracket, but I still cannot get help. It is because I have debt. If you have debt, you can get more debt. Or so it seems. Got my federal return today! I am rich...cough cough...riiiight. Thanks George. Next time, go hunting with Dick. Now that I am going into political nonsense...thanks to Indiana for being stupid. Oh my. What the heck. The governor (doofus bag) redid 99.9% of the government...and made it worse...so I almost did not get my new tags for my car! Yeah, pull me over...I'll fight it. What nonsense. Luckily, they got here. Makes Indiana a laughing stock.

What else can I complain about? Oh, I hate my job. 'Nuff said.

Did anything good happen? Hmmm, just my date. Chris is my shining star in all this. Keeps me in line most the time. Or laughs at me cause everything is so stupid or happens at once that you have to laugh in order to avoid going on Xanex. Lovely, eh?

Well, thinking I am going to call it a night. Got a big day at my wonderful job tomorrow! Cough cough....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home