Fall in Indiana

So, it is fall once again, which means that winter is just around the corner. And I can surely do without that little fact pointed out on the calendar. Sure wish it could be spring year round! Guess I should leave Indiana then. Although I have lived in Iowa, and let me say this, as dull as it is to live in Indiana and see the same boring scenary over and over again, it is not as dull as living near Tipton, IA. Sure, you have to drive a good hour to actually see the beautiful landscapes that you typically see on postcards. Talk about false advertising. And the winters out there...oh my. Nothing like out here in Indiana. We Hoosiers should be glad for what we get. But either way, I will still complain about winter, no matter if I am in Indiana or Iowa.

So I did a little workout this morning, and my fat rolls hurt something fierce. I definitely have the pain thing down pat. I am trying to kick start Chris into working out as well (hey, it was his idea...so I don't want to hear any grumblings). I let him borrow my weights (from those former police training days of mine) and he has been using those from time to time. I kept some medium weights so I could work out with the "Firm." You know...the fanny lifter. Hahaaa. It's great, and my fanny does actually hurt! So much in fact that when I went to see Jake this afternoon, I did not ride! Well, that is only partially true. The real reason why I didn't ride was because there was a big ole nasty yucky evil slimy looking snake near my locker in the arena. I don't think so! I managed to sneak to the hook where I hang his halter and escape relatively unscathed. I was half tempted to beat Rick's door down and make him come out and handle the situation. But then I thought...do I really want to be laughed at? Nah. So yeah...it is nesting behind the fridge...at least that is where I last saw it. Makes my skin crawl. So instead I went and played with Jake in his pasture and made fun of him because he could not seem to remember how to eat an apple. Then all his hay kept blowing away...so he would look at me with sheepish eyes. I tell you. What a baby. So after I was done watching him and enjoying the warm sun, I ventured back to the barn...bypassing the arena and hung the halter in there. Like I was really going to see that snake again. I think not.
That was my excitement for the day. Hey, you take what you can get. Right now I am just watching the clock tick away so I can go in and eat lunch with Chris at work. Really sad that we hate Marsh with a mega passion, but yet we go in there on our day's off to have lunch with one another. Now that is love in its truest form there.
Take care!

2 Comments:
Kristie:
Nice pictures. You do have to admit the Cornell campus was as advertised, as was the Field of Dreams. Later, D
kristin kristin...the snake better eat those mice outa "our" old locker! i do have to say i miss all you guys and even those stupid mice.
Post a Comment
<< Home