It's a twister! It's a twister!

I write this in the midst of a tornado watch...and there are currently, um....5, I believe, tornado warnings in Indiana right now. And the date? NOVEMBER 15!!! What in the world! The last thunderstorm I can recall in November was in 1997, the weekend of Lisa's birthday. I remember this because she went home for her birthday, and I stayed at school because I had to march at the Purdue game the next day, and it stormed! That threw me for a loop. But come on, tornadoes! I was watching the lightning bolts batter poor little Mulberry on my drive home from work. Then I scurried on in the door...like that is really going to keep me from being struck down. But hey, I am sitting here writing a blog right now, eh?
So, on Sunday, Chris and I ventured down to the metropolis of Fillmore to eat dinner with Lisa, her hubby Matt, and the life of the party, miss Beth. It was fun. She made us lasagna (very yummy) and the best cheescake ever! (I am still trying to polish that down, by the way). So yummy, bad for the diet...but I don't care! I love it! Matt was attempting to shoot arrows at his antlerless deer in the backyard. I was told that guns are too easy and bows are more challenging. I will take his word on that, as I know nothing. I could never kill Bambi! I will stay with squishing ants. The guilt level is a lot less since ants are not so cute. Beth was as humorous as ever. I wonder if she could pack me in her suitcase so I can go to Italy with her? I wish I could leave this country too! She is going to ship some wine back home...so I guess we will be having another get together here after the first of the year to test that. All in all, it was a good time. So glad to see them again.
Today I got to go deal with Ivy Tech (grrrrrrrr). First, I went and got lippy with the financial aid lady. Totally ticked me off when she said I was "courses only." I beg to differ! We went through that the last time I met with her and she said that was changed. Oh yeah, I was ticked. She asked who I had talked to....I said "you!" Hello! Then she got on the admissions office case, so I made a snide little comment that "the communication around here is just pathetic. I would just like to be told the same thing from time to time to know what it is I need to do." Crap.....tornado in Clinton Co....hmmmmmmmmmm. No sirens, I'm ok. So anyway. Then I went to register for classes (oh, btw, I have aid....woohoo!) So the counselor makes me a list of the courses I needed to take before I can get into the radiology pragram...which I cannot get into until fall of 2007! Are you freaking kidding me! **shakes head, breaks pencil, curses the world** Tells me I will need to sit out about 2 semesters since all my pre-requisits will be completed well before then. I don't think so! Nope nope. Time to get crappy again. I tell her I want two courses, and that I will go back to the medical assistant program and decide later if I want to do the RAD program. I need a job NOW, not in 4 years! I have a life to get started! I dont need to be sitting out and watching time tick away! So, I signed up for anatomy and intro to computers. Yeah, go me. Stupid school.
Still storming. Tornado alarm going off. I guess there is a tornado on the ground near US 52 on the Clinton/Boone Co line. Hmmmmm, off to my SE, not gonna worry about it. Guess it is spotted. So, I guess that means there is a tornado. And Ivy Tech thinks I'm stupid. Ha! Proved them wrong! Grrrrr.
Jake was a butthead yesterday. I rode him till he was all sweatty. He got moved to a different pasture and has 5 pasture mates now. And does he play with them? Oh nooooo, he talks to the horses on the OTHER SIDE of the fence. I swear. He DID NOT learn that from me. He is getting his hooves trimmed up this Saturday. More money down the drain! Never ending vicious cycle. Grrrr. Ah well. He is worth it.
In spite of all my gripings about school, and twisters coming after me, life is fine. Chris and I are great. Couldn't ask for anyone better. Keeps me laughing and entertained. I don't think he knew what to do at Lisa's...with 3 cackling girls and Matt watching hunting shows. LOL. He had a good time though. Lisa...I think he might actually be interested in shooting arrows! Anything challenging and sporty is all good for him. He has been talking about trying to coach/asst coach for a little football league in Lafayette. Be just his thing to do. Think he would be great with the boys. I would enjoy watching and heckling the coach :-). I am sure he would love to put in a nice Pittsburgh Steelers play in the playbook. So it begins....the creation of the mini-Steelers.
Well, that's all for now! Just me and the twisters now...Until later.....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home