Name:

You wanna know about me? Well...then sit back and read the posts...I may even learn a little something too

Thursday, November 17, 2005

As days go by...

As I sit here on this cold night, I start thinking about the summer and what has gone on in my life. The year started off like any other year, nothing too exciting going on. I was working hard to get a job at a police department, which was stressful. But it gave me something to work towards. While I was working toward getting that job, I started dating this great guy who was under my nose for about 18 months before we realized that we liked one another and gave dating a shot. Now 8 or so months later, we just keep growing fonder of one another. I eventually turned down this job because of unforeseen circumstances which I was highly uncomfortable with. I was given 24 hours to make my decision, and it was a very hard 24 hours. I talked to family and friends, but Chris brushed the tears off my cheeks and told me that whatever decision I chose to make, he was right there with me. We both had fear in our eyes that night. I knew what I needed to do. So I pressed forward and made the call, and turned away from an important part of my life, and began to walk another path. I am still trying to find exactly where this path is leading me, but the person that is walking beside me is making the experience so much easier. Thank you Chris. Thank you to those who helped me in the employment process. It was long and hard. The decision to turn it down was not taken lightly. In many ways, I am grateful that I declined the position.

I did manage to have some fun this year too. Chris and I joined two of our co-workers, Jenni and Matt, for a trip to King's Island. It was a good time. We all got soaked on the water rides, and on a hot day like it was, it was fine by us. And I rode the Vortex! Of course I was cursing the whole way through it and I could not reach to hit anyone, but I did enjoy it. I actually would have gone on it again. I have never been a roller coaster person, but once I start off with an easy one, it gets much better. And we found a Starbucks at the park! Oh yeah. We were all over that. How sad is it to go to a theme park and buy Starbucks? Had a good time. But we were dead tired at 5pm and decided to head back.

On Labor Day, Chris and I joined my parents for an Indianapolis Indians baseball game, and the Skyconcert. I think the Indians lost, if I recall. We spent so much money on food, but honestly, it was pretty tastey! The potato wedges were fairly good. Although, they ran out of diet pepsi! Oh the drama. Then there was more drama when the security guy would not let people on the field with bags...which irritated mom to high heaven, as she had a bag with all our stuff in it. The other guards were letting people through with their bags! After throwing some insults and threats of complaints, we got the bag through another gate with no problem. The fireworks were good. I think had we sat on the canal, it would have been better. We couldn't really hear the music...which is much of the point to a "sky concert." We could only see the high fireworks explode, which were very good. All in all, it was a fun time.

I also had one first. A group of us from work, including Chris, Matt, and Jenni, went paintballing in Indy. That was entertaining. The first round, we just hid. Okay, so I hid. I didnt want to get shot! Eventually, I managed to move from my area and hid with Jenni. As soon as she moved, she got popped in the neck! That convinced me to remain in hiding. I saw Chris walking out a few times after being shot. And Matt had some nice paint on him as well. I managed to go unhit the first game. Then I got hit in the hand, the same time Jenni got hit, in the second game. We slowly made our way to the home base area, and hung out for a bit. Yeah, we are losers. Then of course I got hit in the same place during the elimination round. Figures. I just wanted out of there! It was of course fun, yeah, I said that.

Also said goodbye to the pony Cisco, who we had had for 8 years or so. Yup. He was given to someone out in Illinois. Hope he is doing ok. Even though he was a butt 95% of the time, I still want him to be well taken care of. I mean, here I sold Misty last fall, and her owners hardly pay attention to her. She is depressed and so desperate to be loved, that it hurts every time I see her. The poor gal.

And what else. The farm in Iowa is sold. Gone. Goodbye. Packed up and moved from it in February. Took 2 weeks off to help with that. Sad to say goodbye to that place because it was feeling awfully homey. But yeah, life goes on, things change.

So, there are a few things in review. I'm just gonna keep on truckin and see where this path leads me. Can't give up on myself yet. Too young for that! So, talk to y'all after the 24th. Happy Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home