Name:

You wanna know about me? Well...then sit back and read the posts...I may even learn a little something too

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

That time of year again


It's that time of year again. And honestly, don't really care. Not really interested. The Christmas tree is up, and still, no holiday spirit. None. Nada. Zippo. Got some stress not really needing to go into. And been on the edge of a cold, for about three weeks now. It just won't start and get over with. Just sits there playing with my mind. I have been carrying around the exact same three cough drops for about three weeks now. Probably disgusting, but yeah, its my pocket. As soon as I forget to put them in my pocket, my cold will start up, and Ill have to buy another bag cause I will surely be at work when it starts up. Joy joy.

The fall semester is over. Think I secured my two A's. Finals were this week, and were fairly easy. Next semester will be a bigger challenge. Part of me is ready, and part of me is dreading it. Either way, got a few weeks off mentally. Certainly don't need my brain to work at Marsh.

Not a whole lot has happened since my last post. Just working and schooling. Have not ridden Jake as much as I should have. Since it is so warm, I think I might just have to do so on Friday. I will post some new pictures up here of him. Have his win photos from Arlington and Ellis Parks. Churchill Downs finally contacted me back...after three months of patient waiting. Also tracked down a photo at Fair Grounds, from New Orleans. That track just reopened a few weeks ago. So I had a hard time finding the track photographer since the track was not in operation since Katrina. Also on the agenda is Turfway Park and Keeneland, which is eluding me to no end. Very annoying. So far I have 4 of Jake's 10 win photos. One interesting note. For those who know the stud...gelding....he exhibits stallion behavior during breeding season and pretty much shows little regard for humans if they get in the way between him and his "women." Well, not that I'm a total complete perv, recent photographic evidence from 1996 shows that he once had a set of family jewels. So, since the dejeweling, he operates on memory. **shakes head**

Chris and I had a nice Thanksgiving. I was stuck working, but we managed to do two dinners that day. We were stuffed, but the interest for food was quickly lost after the first meal. I know I was exhausted from everything I was doing that week....didnt know if I was coming or going half the time. But, I quickly got rested up and marched forward. Yeah, whatever. And Chris and I are still doing very good. We can't wait to be together, even though we are together most the time. I think both of us are just ready to make the next step, but financially, we can't do it. Heck, we can't even afford to get married. But you know, money is not going to keep two hearts apart.

Well, it is nearing time for me to hit the sack. Gotta be up at 5:45 and pretend to enjoy working at my job. Grrrr. Have a good Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home