Dog days of summer

Ok, so anyone ready for fall? I am quickly starting to get there. The only thing keeping me from wishing for fall is that winter follows closely. And I'm not a fan of these Indiana winters. But hey, I have some good news. Lisa gave birth to Elijah Swaine on July 21. He weighed in at 7lb 7oz. Of course he decided to come a bit early, but both mom and son are doing very well. I got to go down to see them a few days ago and it was a nice visit. He was fussy a lot, but he stayed sound asleep while I held him. He was so adoreable and resembles both his parents at this point. He is already entertaining his parents with his assortment of noises and faces. And that I think comes from his daddy. Lisa and Matt also invited me to join them at the Hendricks County fair. It was fun and nice to go to a clean fairgrounds. I am just so used to the old run down fairgrounds, so this was a pleasant change. I don't know that it was worth the 18 million put into it, but it was still nice and set up well. We didn't stay too long, but I did get to chow down on probably one of the best pulled pork sandwiches I have ever had. Anyways, I will post a couple of pictures of Lisa and Elijah, and Elijah and myself.
Well, summer school is over! And I got my A :-P. Now, two weeks off and back at it...only this time, just to make it fun...night school! Haha. I can't ever make it easy. Oh well, it will be a change from the norm.

Poor Jake is absolutely miserable. I went out today after work to wash the sweat off of him, and he was soaked...dripping from his poor little eyes even. He loves his hot day cold baths. He drinks from the hose and flips his tail all around so that it sticks in weird places cause it is all wet. It is amusing. Tonight he got a whole two carrots. He was king of the world.
Nothing much else to report at the moment. Got a few things coming up in the next few weeks that I'll post up here. See ya then!

4 Comments:
I don't think the baby was born August 21st....It hasn't even been MY Birthday yet.
Fixed!!!! Yeah, he was due August 1...but decided July was a better month :-P.
Kristie , I'm having a open house for Hannah Rose and Olivia, on Aug, 27 at 1:00, hope you can come.Need you Snail mail address and will send invite
Love ya Janet
Hey Janet...Heather had told me about the shower and I was unable to get off work that day. :-(. I hope its a great time. Gonna miss being there.
Post a Comment
<< Home