Sweet things in life

Somedays, it is hard to notice the sweet things in life. But the last few days have reminded me that life can be kind if you allow it to try. Or maybe I just opened my eyes and accepted that I cannot always excel at everything and not everything will go my way every time. Either way, life still carries on and either I can keep up with it, or stay behind with lingering questions and doubts. But I am finding that it is more rewarding to stay up with it and roll with whatever may come.
Chris surprised me the other night by cooking me dinner. He smoked a rack of ribs for about 3 hours or longer, and made homemade baked herb potatoes. I hadnt had ribs barbequed the proper way, so I gave it a try. He put so much thought into it and wanted everything to be right. And he got in on the "rib competition" with my dad, as dad had cooked ribs the previous night. Sorry dad, but I have to say the smoked ribs were tastier. I think Chris rather enjoyed the challenge of smoking his first ribs. It was very sweet for him to spend that time for a nice dinner for the two of us. We shared with mom though :-).

That same night, I also got a call from Natalie. Chris and I then went to visit Hannah for the first time on Wednesday, and she is beautiful. She is every ounce of that birth weight of hers, cause my arm started cramping after holding her for a short ten minutes. She fell right to sleep curled up in a little ball, then she would stretch out and fall to sleep in a new little pose (see picture). It was precious. Then mom woke her up for a changing and feeding, and got cranky, but was adoreable. Especially those little baby hiccups and sneezes. Chris especially enjoyed her little burps, as I did. Both Natalie and Kyle are extremely happy and are filling her life with love. I cant wait to see her again and see how she is progressing.
Well, I must go as I need to be up early to go brew coffee for ungrateful people with caffeine addictions. Always fun. I find them amusing sometimes cause they don't know how crazy they are...and that if I wanted....I could use decaf. Hmmmm. Nah...I want them juiced up so they annoy others. Bye y'all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home