Name:

You wanna know about me? Well...then sit back and read the posts...I may even learn a little something too

Friday, September 29, 2006

Visiting with the young ones


Chris and I vetured down to visit Lisa and Elijah this past week. It was the perfect excuse for us to get out of Lafayette, and I wanted to see the two of them before Lisa went back to work next month. The last time I saw the little guy, he was asleep most the time, or eating the rest of the time. This time, he was bright eyed and active. I got to feed him which was cool. Lisa wasnt kidding when she said he was a slow eater! He would work pretty hard the first few gulps, then kinda look at something and lose focus on what he was doing. Then I'd wiggle the bottle out of his mouth...and after a minute, he realized it was gone and I would give it right back. It was entertaining for me. I have no idea if I was doing it right. Lisa didnt take him from me, so I must have passed! First time I have actually fed a little one. I let Lisa get all the burps out though :-D. I did pass him off the Chris and snap some pictures for future blackmailing. But since he didn't seem to care that I said I would make sure his mother saw the photos, the fun was sucked right out of that. He did good, but he has had experience holding little ones such as his cousins. Elijah was so fixated on a suncatcher in the window that he didnt seem to care who he was being held by. I enjoyed the trip down and seeing them. Can't wait to see him next time. He has already made so much progress! And I cant wait to see him in the camo bib overalls Chris and I got for him. Lisa laughed, and I am sure Matt got a good laugh too. I thought they were perfect :-P.

Of course I cannot forget about little growing Hannah. I see her almost every week, and it is really neat to watch her grow and see her personality develop. Natalie and I try to walk once a week and of course Hannah joins us for moral support. Seems to be a sure fire way to get her to sleep! Last time I watched Natalie play with her during tummy time. She wants so hard to push herself up on her arms, she just cant seem to find out the missing piece of the puzzle. But she sure has come a long way. She holds her head up for long periods of time and coos so much it is adoreable. She seems to keep the laughs going, even if she is in a grumpy mood. I played peek-a-boo with her bib when she was being fussy, and she got the laughs going. I was entertained. She quickly forgot about me once Nat got the bottle. Its been fun watching her. Check out Natalie's adventures with Hannah on the link to the left.

Jake is doing much better after hurting his ankle. Not sure what happened, but when I went to catch him in his pasture, he went down to his knees. I knew he was clumsy, but not that bad. He was a little swollen just above the ankle. And he was not putting that leg straught. He was putting all his weight on it, which was the best thing we could find out of the whole ordeal. I borrowed a sports medicine boot and kept it on for a few days. He improved, and the other day he was romping around in his pasture and playing with his pasturemates.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mama said...

Lisa's little guy sure is a cutie! You're going to be a pro by the time you have your own little one! I didn't know you had never fed a baby before. I'll just have to put you to work feeding Hannah more often!

Nat :)

12:57 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Hahaa....did I say I fed him....um...um...I meant I watched him eat :-P

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home