Name:

You wanna know about me? Well...then sit back and read the posts...I may even learn a little something too

Monday, October 30, 2006

Happy Halloween

Hey all. So, tomorrow night is Halloween, and if I were still 8 years old and had a costume all ready to go, I'm sure I would be excited. But now that I'm old and have no kids of my own, its a blah holiday. Is it bad that I'm glad I have class during trick-or-treat night? Last year I avoided them by never answering the door. They would knock...no porch light on....they would continue to knock, I'd just turn up the volume on the tv and wish them away. The kids in this town are so greedy. They take enough candy for them and five others. Mom got candy for them, but nope, I'll happily be in my medical terminology class!

Ok, so speaking of school, it looks like I will be graduating December '07. I'm going to be full time spring/summer/fall in order to accomplish this. But I need to get out of Marsh and start into something career oriented and earn enough money to get an apartment in Lafayette. Chris and I would love to do that sooner, but the likelihood of that happening before I graduate is very slim. So, just having this December goal down is very motivating and getting me charged. Something I have been lacking for years. I also got my scrubs! Yeah, they are red and I gotta wear them for my clinical and phlebotomy courses next spring. I have two clinicals I have to take, the other next fall. Also have my externship which I am unsure will happen. My nurse practitioner who takes care of me is the office manager for the practice I go to. She has offered me an internship already, but I need to speak to her further about that. Hopefully that will work out cause I am only 5 minutes away from that practice. I also have to get all my vaccinations updated. Yeah rah.

Chris and I are great. He is still working full time at Sportsmans and enjoys it more than he lets on I think. I hear all sorts of stories which he usually gets lost in. Its fun seeing his excitement. He seems so much happier now that he is away from Marsh. Hopefully I will know that feeling soon. He is also picking up classes at school and trying to get done faster. We just want to get done and move forward with our lives, wherever that leads us.

Jake is also great. His thick winter coat is coming in with a vengeance. I had to repair his blanket. I could not afford to get him a new one, so stitching up the hole in the butt had to be done. Poor guy had his teeth floated the other day and acted all sad when I saw him next. Anything for some attention...and treats...from good ole mom.

Sorry no pictures this time around. I should have some up in a few weeks...of something. Well, until next time!!!! Ok....i luv ya....buh bye..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home