All systems are go
Well, its baby time! Nat and Kyle are expecting a little girl on the 6th, Lisa is expecting on August 1st, and two more I have not seen and spoken to in years who I will see in August for a double baby shower, is Diana and Jannette. Have no seen them since I believe my sophmore year at Purdue? Wow. Time flew by. And to all of you asking when its gonna be my turn....keep asking....gonna be a while. Just cause I have a boyfriend means nothing is planned out.
Went to Lisa's baby shower Sunday and saw so many faces I had not seen in ages. Some in five years, since Lisa's wedding. It was a fun time. Miss being around company like that. Lisa got so many nice things that will come in very handy. Especially those tiny little cowboy boots and overalls (which I bet Matt loves!) Let's just hope the little tyke is still a boy when he is born, cause there will be a lot of blue to get rid of! Can't wait for D-Day. For every
one! Come on Natalie, we are eagerly awaiting your little daughter!
Mom is doing better. Getting her spunk back, which is debatable if that is good or bad. She has been active in the yard, and her blood pressure is much improved. Nearly 100 points lower. That is saying something there. One of her squirrels got run over this morning. So dad gave it a brief burial in a hole underneath the tree. It was very touching. Especially that look of accomplishment after the sod was placed over its fat gray body. I just shook my head and continued to wash my car (btw....it is pouring right now).
So, I'll skip the crummy parts of the day. I did go for a mile jog today. I know that seems insignificant to some, but I did it anyway. I had not run in over a year, and 18 months ago I could run 5 miles and live. Hardly the case now. Just trying to strengthen my heart since my pulse seems to aways be over 80 bpm. Don't like that. Or the fact that I am out of breath when I make one trip up the stairs. Kinda demoralizing. So, yup, I am further demoralizing myself by barely making it through a mile. But I will make, or someone had better come pick me up and drive me home.
Okay, so here is a picture of Lisa, Beth, and I. Hope they don't mind my putting them up here. Been friends since elementary school and still manage to keep in touch. Beth is as vibrant as always and Lisa was beautiful. Was just so glad to see them for this occassion. Gotta run (not literally)....bye!
Went to Lisa's baby shower Sunday and saw so many faces I had not seen in ages. Some in five years, since Lisa's wedding. It was a fun time. Miss being around company like that. Lisa got so many nice things that will come in very handy. Especially those tiny little cowboy boots and overalls (which I bet Matt loves!) Let's just hope the little tyke is still a boy when he is born, cause there will be a lot of blue to get rid of! Can't wait for D-Day. For every
one! Come on Natalie, we are eagerly awaiting your little daughter!Mom is doing better. Getting her spunk back, which is debatable if that is good or bad. She has been active in the yard, and her blood pressure is much improved. Nearly 100 points lower. That is saying something there. One of her squirrels got run over this morning. So dad gave it a brief burial in a hole underneath the tree. It was very touching. Especially that look of accomplishment after the sod was placed over its fat gray body. I just shook my head and continued to wash my car (btw....it is pouring right now).
So, I'll skip the crummy parts of the day. I did go for a mile jog today. I know that seems insignificant to some, but I did it anyway. I had not run in over a year, and 18 months ago I could run 5 miles and live. Hardly the case now. Just trying to strengthen my heart since my pulse seems to aways be over 80 bpm. Don't like that. Or the fact that I am out of breath when I make one trip up the stairs. Kinda demoralizing. So, yup, I am further demoralizing myself by barely making it through a mile. But I will make, or someone had better come pick me up and drive me home.
Okay, so here is a picture of Lisa, Beth, and I. Hope they don't mind my putting them up here. Been friends since elementary school and still manage to keep in touch. Beth is as vibrant as always and Lisa was beautiful. Was just so glad to see them for this occassion. Gotta run (not literally)....bye!

1 Comments:
Hey there Kristie! I haven't seen pictures of Lisa or Beth for quite awhile. It was nice to see them! Glad your mom is doing better. Hopefully next week you'll have to come visit me and our new little one!
Natalie
Post a Comment
<< Home