Trip to the races

Hello all. So this summer session of school stinks something fierce. The class is fine and all, but the material is just a royal pain in the you-know-what. Course if I would bother to study, I might not feel this way. Hmmmm.
Recently went to Nat's baby shower and had a nice time. Being the only unwed girl there, I enjoyed the conversation and learned all sorts of scary things about how school systems operate and how
poorly they treat teachers. Such nonsense! They deserve so much more! I mean, to have a fake walled room that is only about 6 feet tall and regularly falls over, barely missing students, is not cool! And to force a teacher to do lunch duty during her prep time is rediculous! Give me a break. Why can't they hire a lunch monitor like any other normal school? Laughable. Priorities in this society are so backward.So, the topic here was a trip to the races, which was on May 31 at Indiana Downs in Shelbyville. Chris and I had a good time and hung out with Heather and her boss, Mr. L, who gave us a run for our money more than once that evening. The laughs were great. We brought our cameras to test them out (we have yet to really test our new cameras with high action sports). Course, Heather let me shoot some pictures with her more than awesome Canon digital SLR camera with a very awesome lens. I want I want. I loved the rapid fire feature. I was so spoiled and nervous handling it, but boy was it fun. Everyone laughed at me. Sorry, I don't get out much and I am easily entertained. Understatement there people. We placed a few b
ets...I broke even, Chris was in the hole (although.....had he listened to one of those races I said was a good bet....yeah). All the races were clean, and there was almost one dead heat....and of course I missed that race cause we were feeding our faces and we settled for watching it on the monitor. Stupid stupid. Heather got a pair of jockey's goggles and I passed them on to Chris, seeing as though she got me a pair at Hoosier Park a couple years ago. Still got em too. So, yes, very good time. Beat staying in Lafayette or Mulberry for the evening. There is only so much you can do here.Well, mom is having surgery this Thursday to remove a kidney. Supposed to be a two hour surgery at Methodist. Just going to take my homework and hang out. Dad will be around to help out. In fact, he is replacing my car battery cause mine is near death! Nice. So yeah, that is what's happening in the famil
y realm for the time being. Hopefully everything turns out ok. She will be on bedrest for a few weeks and off of work for like 6 weeks or more. She is not thrilled, but she does not have a choice in the matter. Will have to rent lots of movies.Well, I'll get some pictures up on this (I know they are far from profressional, but still, fun to look at). And give Heather credit, cause these were taken with her camera. Thanks again. Had a great time and enjoyed seeing what all you do behind the scenes as a track photographer. Hopefully we can make it down again...I promise not to hog your camera next time :-P.

1 Comments:
Hey there Kristie! Heather gave me your blog address so I put the link on our blog. I didn't know you went up to see the races. Kyle and I are going tonight b/c he has never been to a horse race in his entire life! Oh, the horror! He is so sheltered! We'll break him in fas though! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home