Name:

You wanna know about me? Well...then sit back and read the posts...I may even learn a little something too

Thursday, February 15, 2007

From one snowy town to another...

Ok. So I made it back home. Chris and I had to dig my car out this morning so that he could get to work and I could get home. I think it took us nearly 45 minutes. And it was oh so bitterly cold out there. Even working that hard, we were hurtin for some heat. But we got it done, and we got me stuck once in front of their driveway. The drive home was difficult. 38 was mainly ice, but nobody seemed to care. I mean, if you have a 4x4, you are invincible, right? I gotta get in to that action then. Cause I was sliding around at 30mph. Not good enough for some idiots. Give me a break guys. Slow down out there. It's not a race. If I get run off the road cause of someone else, you had better believe I am coming after them. I will not put up with idiots who cannot think and those who think they are all that because they drive a 4X4. If I were in the Jeep, I still would have gone 30mph. Ice is ice, no matter what you drive. Better to be a few minutes late, then in the ditch or dead. Because of the idiots and road conditions, I'm not going to class tonight. Not driving back in the dark on ice. Forget it. My life or car is not worth it. And the instructor agrees. I can't even believe that Ivy Tech is even holding classes today. The only other school in session is Purdue, but most the student body lives within a mile of the campus! Oh, I think WL was on a 2 hour delay. Minor detail. Just frustrating. Most of my class tonight lives outside Tippecanoe county. It's not right in my opinion. But what do I know. I did not make the stupid decision. So now you got dummy high school grads driving in this, thinking they are all that too. I want no part of it thank you very much.

I ended up parking my car in the garage for the time being and got the jeeper rescued. So all of those 4x4 drivers, and car drivers, who tailgate me tomorrow on the ice at 630 am, I don't care! It have no tread on the tires! So they can deal with it. Cause my level of care if they are late is very very very low. I would rather be alive than make them happy. Same way I feel about Marsh at this point. Can't make money off my labor if I'm dead. So if I am late, deal. End of story.

So my pictures here. Total accumulation was in the ballpark of 15-17 inches in roughly 30 hours time. Drifts are upwards to 8 feet in the country, but 5 feet in the driveway here at home. The yard is thigh deep in most places, drifted areas on the side of the house are waist deep or more. First is the house, with the nice pretty flat snow which is knee high for the most part. Second is the driveway. By the side door back there, it is above the waist, and shoulder deep at one point. Tight fit to say the least. Cannot open the car doors in there. Third is the five to six feet of snow that is currently piled up in my parking space. And lastly is the view down Mainstreet, heading out of town. People did an awesome job digging out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home